Thursday, March 11, 2010

I REMEMBER POST # 1

I remember my first paddling in school; I was in First Grade (I started out with a bang..) and our teacher, get this, Miss Hurt (for real) was going out of classroom for some reason and told us to stay in our seats and be quiet. Well....when she popped back in the door, I and a boy classmate were up at the blackboard drawing pictures and falling down laughing at each other's 'artwork'. I remember loving how the chalk felt in my hand and how I could bring things out of the blackboard simply by pushing the chalk around, up, down, over, under and in circles. So, me and this little boy got a good paddling with a ping-pong paddle. In front of the whole class. I still remember the sting of that paddle against my bony buttocks. I was embarrassed, but also the first one up at the blackboard the next time she left the room.

Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment